Intrepid Optimist is the place where I can share my stories; fact, fiction and thoughts from the past and present. It’s Written by myself for people who believe adventure knows no age
For the dough :
• 250g (9oz) strong white bread flour
• 1tsp salt
• 1tsp unrefined golden caster sugar
• 1tsp easy bake yeast
• 25g (1oz) butter, diced
• 100-120ml (3-4 fl oz) warmed milk
• 1 egg, beaten
For the filling :
• 125g (4½ oz) mixed currants, sultanas and raisins
• 50g (2oz) unrefined light muscovado sugar
• 15g (½ oz) butter
• Runny honey to glaze
• Golden caster sugar, to sprinkle
1. Grease an 18cm/7″ square shallow cake tin. Sift the flour, salt, sugar and yeast into a large bowl. Rub in 25g (1oz) butter
2. In a bowl, mix together the milk and egg. Make a well in the centre of the flour mixture and stir in the liquid. Bring the mixture together with a round bladed knife and knead for 10 mins on a lightly floured surface until the dough is smooth and elastic. If the mixture is sticky add a little more flour.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and roll out to a 30 x 23cm/12 x 9 inch rectangle.
4. Prepare the filling: mix the dried fruit with the soft light brown sugar. Melt the remaining butter and brush over the surface of the dough. Scatter the fruit mixture over the buttered dough, leaving a 2.5cm/1 inch border around the edge of the dough.
5. Starting at the long side of the dough, roll it up like a Swiss roll. Pinch the edges together to seal and then cut into 12 slices.
6. Place the rolls cut edges uppermost in the tin. Cover with oiled cling film and leave to rise for 1 hr or until doubled in size.
7. Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC (375ºF, gas mark 5). Bake for 30 mins or until risen and golden.
8. Remove from the oven and brush with honey and sprinkle with golden caster sugar whilst they are still hot. Then cool on a wire rack.
Images of People Photoblog
There are no facts, only interpretations. - Friedrich Nietzsche. The truth I think that validates everything you have to say.
Travel Tips, Photographs and Experiences
My rocks are the memories from different adventures. I thought I would just leave this bag here.
A blog full of humorous and poignant observations.
Delicious meals for one in under 20 minutes.
Write | Blog | Create | Earn
Created by someone who claims she has nothing to wear.
Psychology to Motivate | Inspire | Uplift
"...That I should bear witness to the truth." - John 18:37 // David E. Robinson, Publisher
Eat well. Travel often. Love art. - Panchali Dass
Food & Drink | Lifestyle | Entertainment